There are ample ways to check southwest airlines flight status in a quick and easy manner. Having the latest information on flight status helps travelers to plan their time accordingly. It is better to use genuine and authentic methods for reliable information.
Third-party bookings made online often send a tracking link of the particular flight you booked for. However, the latest update and statuses are available through the official website of the particular airline.
This article will provide credible information for every way there is to check Southwest airlines flight status.
What are the Ways to Check Southwest Airlines Flight Status?
Passengers can select from multiple possible ways as per their convenience. Southwest airline has three ways through which passengers can check their flight status. There are some third-party applications that can also be used to check Southwest airline flight status.
- Southwest Official Portal
- Southwest Mobile Application
- Southwest Customer Service
- Third-Party Applications
Southwest Official Portal
- The portal is active 24×7 and gives the latest updates on all flights in operation by Southwest Airlines.
- Passengers cannot check the flight status of other airlines through this portal.
- The portal only requires information such as flight number, travel date, and “to & from” locations.
Link – Official Portal
Southwest Mobile Application
- Passengers can know the location of a particular flight through the Southwest Mobile App.
- It is a convenient method as it is quick to access information.
- The app also provides location updates for the southwest booked flight.
Southwest Customer Service
- Customer Service is available 24×7 by the airline to inquire about southwest airlines flight status.
- Passengers just need to provide the flight number to the executive over the phone, and he will give a real-time update.
- This procedure consumes more time than any other method.
- The customer service method can be used when passengers are in a weak internet zone.
Customer Service Number: 1-800-435-9792
There are many reliable third-party applications through which passengers can check their flight status.
Top 10 Applications for Flight Status
- Flightradar24 Flight Tracker
- FlightAware Flight Tracker
- The Flight Tracker
- FlightView: Free Flight Tracker
- Planes Live – Flight Tracker
- Air Traffic – flight tracker
- Flight Tracker – Plane Radar24
- RadarBox · Live Flight Tracker
- Flight Tracker & Plane Finder
Note: Third-party bookings often provide an accessible link to check the Southwest Airline flight status. Online bookings also provide a link to check updates on the booked flight.
Process to Check Flight Status
Passengers can check the status of their flight by route and flight number. Here is a step-by-step process to track the flight position.
Search By Route
- Firstly, visit the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the flight status tab.
- Now, enter the arrival and departure city.
- Enter the flight number.
- Also, specify the date of travel.
- Click on the search button to check status.
Search By Flight
- Go to the website.
- Click on the flight status option.
- Now, enter the flight number.
- Hit on the search button to access the flight details.
Disclaimer: The information on display in this content is subject to change. The Airline is not liable to send a prior notification to the customers for the same. All guidelines may vary for different locations as per the Southwest Airlines flight status policy. For more information, visit the official website.
How can I check if a Southwest Airlines flight is on time or not?
There are many options to check the flight status of Southwest airlines. You may visit the official website and select the flight status bar on top of the home page. You can also use the official mobile app for the same purpose. There are many third-party applications available as well to check the Southwest airline flight status. You can also call the customer service of Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 to inquire about the flight status.
How can I track Southwest Airlines on my iPhone?
You can check the flight status for Southwest Airlines through the official portal of the airline. The portal is accessible for both Android and ios users. There are some particular applications for the purpose which are available for IOS. The most reliable application is the Southwest Mobile App.
Can I call customer service to check the flight status?
Passengers can call customer service for southwest airlines to check the status of the flights. 1-800-435-9792 is the official number for the USA. The service is available 24×7 for the assistance of customers. Passengers have to give information such as flight number and also the destination to inquire about the status.
What details do I need to check Southwest flight status?
Passengers will need arrival and departure city names, travel dates, and flight numbers to check the status of Southwest flights.