Many airlines are growing their operations in order to increase earnings while also offering their passengers better and more varied services. One such airline is Southwest Airlines. Southwest began as a low-cost carrier but has developed into a reliable option for domestic and Caribbean travel. They have a fantastic frequent flyer program, a forgiving cancellation and change policy, and they don’t charge extra for checked bags and also offer curated Southwest vacation packages.
The hassle of organising a trip can be greatly reduced by purchasing Southwest Airlines travel packages. You can reserve travel and lodging at the same time to save yourself from attempting to plan a trip for weeks. Let’s examine their offerings and determine whether these SW vacation packages are of decent value.
What are Southwest Vacation Packages?
Southwest vacation packages are the leisure travel packages offered by Southwest Airlines. Travelers can purchase one of their unique vacation packages to combine their bookings and save money. They can get Southwest travel package offers for flights and hotels or flights and rental cars. The packages come in a variety of formats. These packages are particularly adaptable because you may change them to meet your needs and include extra services like travel insurance, rental cars, airport transfers, and even activities you wish to do while you’re there. To maximize savings, you can group activities together and take advantage of unique promotional offers all year round.
Benefits of Choosing Southwest Airlines Vacation Package
You can save money on the overall trip by booking Southwest Airlines vacation packages and adding extras like accommodations and rental vehicles, which could result in a larger spending budget that you can utilize once you get on your trip.
Moreover, you can enjoy discounts on all Southwest Airlines fares. Since it’s the airline’s official vacation brand, you can trust it. Not just that, with Southwest Travel vacations, you can carry the first two bags for free.
Rapid Reward Points:
When you purchase a flight and hotel package via Southwest Vacations, you will accrue more Southwest Rapid Rewards points than if you were only buying a trip.
They fly to more than 90 locations across Mexico, the United States, and the Caribbean. With the help of their broad network, you will have reach to more than 100 locations throughout the Caribbean, Mexico, and the United States.
Lowest Price Promise
Also, you can benefit from Southwest’s Lowest Price Promise. It says that you are qualified for a travel credit for the price difference if you find the same trip for a lower price on SouthwestVacations.com after you have already made your reservation.
One thing to keep in mind is that the Lowest Price Promis only applies to bookings through the Southwest Airlines website. All trip specifics must be the same in order to receive this credit. You will get your Travel Credit Code through email within 7 to 10 business days if you receive one from the Lowest Price Promise.
With the Southwest Vacation Packages, you can fly on different outings:
- All-inclusive Southwest vacation package.
- Family trip.
- Cruise trip.
Travel Protection Benefits
Southwest Vacations Travel Protection
It is available for all U.S., Mexico, and Caribbean destinations, except for Vacation Exclusive Packages.
- Passengers can cancel or modify for any reason.
- There will be no fines on the supplier.
- In case of a Hurricane, you will receive a credit.
- Also, you will have travel insurance.
Southwest Vacations Travel Protection Plus
It is applicable only for Vacation Exclusive packages to Cancun, Mexico; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- Travelers can cancel or change their plans for any reason.
- No supplier penalties.
- Travel insurance and safety when traveling.
- Up to $40 per person in protected travel agent commission.
How to Book Southwest Vacation Package?
You can visit Southwest Vacations in 2 different methods.
- Go to the Southwest website and select Flight|Hotel|Car|Vacations from the main menu to get started. Choose Vacations next.
- SouthwestVacations.com is another option.
Follow these steps now:
- After visiting the website, input your information, including the cities of departure and destination, the dates of travel, the number of passengers, etc.
- Next, click the button “Find The Best Package Offer.”
- Now, you will find the list of the hotels near the location you provided.
- You will find filter choices on the left. To see the results precisely how you choose, you can apply filters.
- Prices are shown per person. These costs will cover the cost of the hotel, the airline, taxes, etc.
- You can choose the kind of room you want to stay in. Also, you’ll see that each room type has certain promotion labels. With the use of these promotion labels, you can save a tonne of money.
- You can click the Edit Hotel option at the top of the page if you need to make any changes to the hotel you chose.
- Selecting a flight is the next action. Below the hotel section, you can see your flight options. You can also check the Southwest low-fare calendar. The Southwest Airlines ticket cost is on the right. All flight prices are of Wanna Get Away segment. You can change them to SW Anytime or Southwest Business Select Fare.
- Select “See Flight Details” to see the flight information, and then Choose to continue.
- You can book your return flight by following the same steps.
Add-ons in SW Packages
You will have the option to add other services like:
- Travel insurance.
- Rental cars.
- Airport transfers.
- Destination activities.
After including everything in your Southwest vacation packages, you can see the total price, including all applicable taxes and fees. After making all of your selections, you must select the “Check out” option. You may also add a promo code to your order to get a discount on the total. Pay the final payment, and you will receive a confirmation mail.
Canceling Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages
Southwest Vacations won’t charge you any costs for changing or canceling your Southwest Airlines vacation package. However, you will be liable for paying a supplier penalty fee, which could be as much as 100% of your total itinerary.
Therefore, purchasing Southwest Vacations Travel Protection at the time of transaction prevents you from incurring a loss. Under this option, you may receive a full refund for your vacation package. For the flight segment, you will receive an air credit, and for the remaining components, you’ll receive a refund in the form of the original payment.
Even though you do not opt for Southwest Vacations Travel Protection, you can still save on the flight portion of your package. For Wanna Get Away, or Wanna Get Away Plus fares, the air portion of your reservation will be returned as a travel credit if you cancel at least 10 minutes before departure. Moreover, by canceling at least 60 minutes prior to departure, you will get a total refund for Anytime and Business Select fare payments.
If your package includes a flight, then it will not be refundable but will be transferable. In other words, the non-refundable payment may be applied to a future Southwest Airlines flight. However, you must cancel the flight prior to departure. You can contact +1-800-775-7105 if you need to cancel your reservation. However, any refunds are within in the Southwest Airlines refund policy.
You must submit any refund requests in writing within 90 days of your expected departure date. The email address to use for your refund request is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following items are not eligible for refunds:
- Unused or missed hotel, rental car, or flight days.
- Passes to theme parks that have been used, missed, or canceled.
How to Get in Touch With Southwest Vacations?
- You can call 1-800-775-7105 and get in touch with Southwest when you need any assistance during your trip.
- You can call 1-414-934-3017 from abroad or 1-800-243-8372 from the United States to get in touch with customer care before your trip.
- Representatives from customer support are available:
– Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm CST.
– Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm CST
- You can also mail at email@example.com.
- firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any inquiries following your trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Southwest Vacations?
Southwest Vacations mixes luxurious getaways with Southwest air travel, lodging, rental vehicles, and other extras. With flight service available from every scheduled Southwest Airlines departure city, Southwest Airlines Vacations provides vacation packages to more than 90 locations.
Does my reservation qualify for Southwest Rapid Rewards points?
Yes. You can earn Southwest Rapid Rewards points on the flight element of a package when you purchase a Southwest Vacation. Additionally, Southwest occasionally offers promotions that allow you to accumulate Rapid Rewards points on package components that are on land.
Can I use Southwest points to pay for Southwest Vacations?
No. You cannot redeem Southwest reward points on travel packages. You can only earn Rapid Rewards points.
Can I cancel my Southwest Vacations reservation?
Yes, it is possible to cancel a Southwest Vacations package. Moreover, there won’t be a cancelation fee for the flight segment of your package. You will receive a travel credit for future flights. However, there will be charges for hotel, rental car, and other add-ons cancelation.
Can I pay for the Southwest Vacations package with Southwest travel funds?
Yes, you can utilize Southwest travel funds to pay for the Southwest air-inclusive vacation package. Southwest Travel Funds must be chosen as your payment type when making the original reservation.