It always feels good to get a seat of your choice, whether you are traveling via bus, car, or plane. Air Canada understands the following desire of passengers and therefore allows passengers to pick a seat of their choice. Through the Air Canada seat selection service, travelers can choose aisle, window, or main cabin seats as per their convenience and budget.
If you are looking to select seats on Air Canada, we at Flyersdesk are going to help you understand the process. So, spare a few minutes with us and get on with us to get an overview of seat assignments.
What is the Air Canada Seat Selection Policy?
It is a good practice to understand the various policies of Air Canada. Thus, before selecting the seat, you must understand the various guidelines to smooth out the process.
- According to the Air Canada seat selection policy, travelers can reserve seats at the time of ticket purchase, later, or a maximum of 24 hours prior to departure while checking in.
- Moreover, the airlines prefer that passengers must choose their seats through eligible platforms.
- Traveler flying internationally can upgrade their seats for free within 48 hours.
- However, the traveler is responsible for the fees if he requests to change the seat after 48 hours.
- If the passenger is a part of the Air Canada frequent flyer program, then they can upgrade their seats at no extra cost.
- If the traveler is not part of the frequent flyer program, then they can also upgrade their seats within three hours of the flight’s departure. However, they must pay a small fee.
- Even after selecting the seats, if one does not get the reserved seats on a flight, they may be entitled to compensation. The traveler will get complimentary access to lodging or meals on the subsequent flight as compensation.
- The seat selection fees range from $20 to $100. It is non-refundable.
- According to Air Canada, if you have a booking on Zone 3 flight and you have reserved a seat through a representative at the check-in desk or the gate, then you cannot fly. You have to select seats only through the official website or app.
- You can rebook your flight on another if the traveler does not get his selected seat. However, you have to pay the fare difference.
- The luggage count per passenger in a cabin will be according to the Air Canada baggage policy.
How to Select Seats on Air Canada Flights?
Air Canada provides an easy way to make your flight bookings. Passengers can book their seats while making Air Canada bookings and also after the flight bookings. Here are the quick steps which you should take to confirm your seats.
While Booking Flight Tickets
- Firstly, go to the official website of Air Canada.
- Now go to the “book travel” section.
- Select the “flight” option.
- Enter the departure and arrival cities.
- After that, enter the travel dates.
- The available flights will appear on your screen.
- Select the flight you want to travel on.
- Enter the passenger’s name and other details.
- Select the cabin.
- Now, here you will receive the option to select the Air Canada seats.
- Pick the seats from the Air Canada seating chart.
- Pay the seat selection cost.
After Flight Booking
Travelers can utilize the Air Canada Manage My Booking feature to get the seat of their choice.
- Firstly visit the official website of Air Canada.
- Navigate to the “Book” option.
- From the list of services, select the “Book/Manage” option.
- Enter the last name and booking reference number.
- All your upcoming flights will appear on your screen.
- Now, select the Air Canada flight on which you want to pick the seats.
- After accessing the flight, select the seat assignment option.
- Choose the available seat from the seat map.
- Pay the extra charges for seat selection.
- You will receive a confirmation in your mail.
At the Time of Check-In
- Passengers can also use the Air Canada check-in feature to select their seats.
- Visit the official website.
- Go to the check-in option.
- Here, enter the identification number and last name.
- Your flight details will flash on the screen.
- Now you can select the seat option.
- Select the seats from the map.
- Pay the additional cost.
- After the completion of the payment, you can print your boarding pass.
What are the Types of Seats Air Canada Offer?
Air Canada offers multiple cabins to its passengers to enjoy their travel. The seats come along with multiple in-flight services, which really make the travel experience delightful.
Preferred Seats: Air Canada’s Preferred seats come with extra legroom space. They are at the front of the aircraft or near the exit. Therefore you will get priority while leaving. The seats are available at a reasonable price. The passenger has the option to purchase preferred seats either at the time of reservation or later.
Economy Seats: If you wish to travel on a tight budget, these seats can be the ideal choice for you. Air Canada Economy seats come with standard services. It offers free entertainment options, power to charge your laptop, and many other advantages.
Premium Economy Seats: Air Canada Premium Economy cabin seats come with advanced conveniences and unique features. The most noticeable features of this cabin are the extra legroom and the adjustable seats. The in-flight amenities for the passengers include touchscreen TVs with USB ports, laptop charging, and reading lamps.
Business Class/Signature Class seats: It is the most expensive first-class seats on Air Canada. They provide comfortable flying conditions, which helps to justify the prices. Air Canada Business class seats are convertible to flat beds. Passengers can enjoy the priority services. If you choose your business class seats while making the reservation, you can save a few dollars.
What is the Fees for Air Canada Seat Selection?
Air Canada charges a small amount for seat selection. The ticket booking fare does not include seat selection fees. Passengers have to pay it separately. The costs change depending on the class. The seat fees also depend on the flyers’ final destinations for arrival.
Basic Seat Selection Fees
- For domestic flights flying between US and Canada, the selection charge for Economy seats ranges from $20 to $100.
- The same fee is applicable for flights running between Mexico and the Caribbean.
- For international flights, Air Canada charges a seat selection fee ranging from $30 to $100.
Standard Seat Selection Fee
- On domestic flights, you may expect to pay between $10 and $50 for the standard seats.
- The cost for international flights ranges from $20 to $50.
- The preferred seat selection fees can be between $17 to $250.
Business or Premium Economy Ticket Fares
Upon the purchase of the following tickets, Premium Economy and Business Class seat prices become complementary. You don’t have to pay any extra charges.
How to Change Your Air Canada Seats?
If you have previously selected your seats on an Air Canada flight and want to change, then you can do it through Air Canada’s manage my booking facility. Check out the steps to change your seats.
- Open Air Canada’s official website or mobile app.
- Sign in to your account.
- Next, select “Manage My Bookings” from the menu.
- You must input your reservation details here.
- Select the flight you want to edit.
- Click on the edit seats option.
- Pick your seat from the map.
- Choose your preferred seat and save the changes.
- Complete the payment and reserve your seat on Air Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Air Canada charge for seat selection?
For basic seats, you have to pay $20 to $100 for domestic routes. It is $30 to $100 for international routes. On the other hand, for standard seats, the price is $20 to $50. There is no seat selection fee for premium economy and business class seats.
What is the cost of choosing preferred seats?
The cost of picking preferred seats on Air Canada ranges from $17 to $299. The fluctuation in price depends on the type of cabin you are traveling in and the destinations.
When can I select my seat on Air Canada?
Passengers can select their seats while booking Air Canada flights and also after confirming their reservations. Air Canada allows seat selection 24 hours before departure.
Can I upgrade my seats on Air Canada flights?
Yes, you can upgrade your seats on Air Canada flights. Member of the frequent flyer program can upgrade their seats free of cost. The airlines allow passengers to upgrade their seats only up to 3 hours before departure.