Many airlines understand the importance of flexibility while booking a flight ticket. Moreover, travelers also prefer customizable ticketing options. Southwest Airlines is among the airlines that offer the privilege to its flyers to modify and customize their bookings with the help of the Southwest Manage flight feature.
Passengers who have eligible Southwest flight tickets and want to add more amenities and services to their travel can use this easily accessible feature. In the following post, we will dive into the steps of using Southwest Manage My Booking and its multiple benefits.
Southwest Manage Flight: How to Do?
Here are the quick steps to access and manage your flight bookings on Southwest Airlines.
- Start by visiting the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- After that, from the top menu, click on the “flight” section.
- Navigate to the “Manage reservation” option and select it.
- You will be directed to a new page.
- On the new page, enter the confirmation number.
- After that, input the last and first names.
- Hit on the search button.
- Now, you can access the details of your flight.
- As per the eligibility of your flight ticket, you will find editable services.
- Click on the service you want to edit.
- Make the changes as per need by following the instructions.
- Pay the applicable charges.
- After confirmation, you will receive confirmation by mail.
Benefits of Southwest Airlines Manage Flight Booking Feature
The key benefit of Southwest’s Manage My Flight booking facility is that you can amend all services from the comfort of your home. All is under your fingertip.
- You can rebook your flight.
- Cancel your flight.
- Make Southwest Airlines seat selection.
- Also, make a request for excess baggage.
- Add entertainment services.
- Change flight date.
- Moreover, you can add meals.
- You can view travel funds.
- Also, you can check your Southwest rapid reward points.
- You can also request special services.
- Furthermore, you can upgrade your seats.
- Make name changes and contact information.
- View, share, and print flight details.
Cancel Your Flight
If you have a Southwest Airlines flight booking and want to cancel it, then “manage reservations” is a good feature.
- Firstly, access the flight details by following the above steps.
- Next, select the option of flight cancelation.
- Read the Southwest flight cancelation policy.
- Click on the Confirm button.
- You will receive a flight cancelation confirmation.
Change Southwest Airlines Flight Date
In case you are not able to travel on a pre-planned date and want to alter the booking to a new date with Southwest Airlines Manage Reservations tool.
- Visit the manage booking section and retrieve your flight information.
- Choose the “Edit Date” option.
- Select the date on which your flight is available.
- Pay the fare differences.
Change Passenger Name on Southwest Flights
Southwest name change policy permits minor corrections in the traveler’s name. However, you can change the name only once. With the help of Southwest Airlines’ Manage Reservations facility, passengers can quickly modify their names.
- You can change a few letters in your name.
- Moreover, you must submit the proof in case of name corrections due to divorce or marriage.
Select and Upgrade Seats
If you have not selected your seats while booking your flight earlier, you can do it later through Southwest Manage my flight.
- Firstly, navigate to manage reservation options and select it.
- Enter the details to fetch the flight information.
- After that, click on the “seat selection” option. Choose the “seat upgradation” option if you are looking to upgrade your seat.
- Choose the seat from the seating chart.
- Pay the seat selection fees.
Add Meals to Your Itinerary
If you have bookings in first, business, or premium economy class, you may select your meal in advance. You can choose your food in advance when you book your flight. Southwest Manage Booking is another way to add a meal to your itinerary later.
Get In-Flight Entertainment
Southwest Airlines provide in-flight entertainment services to make your flight full of fun and comfort. You can enjoy movies and songs. Travelers can also add wifi to their itinerary for streaming and work.
Extra Baggage Allowance Through Southwest Manage Flight Feature
Southwest Airlines manage my trips facility provides the comfort of adding extra baggage to your travel. Passengers can use it to avoid the rush at the airport. However, passengers should adhere to the Southwest Airlines baggage policy.
- Firstly, access the flight details by visiting the Manage Reservations section.
- Select the extra baggage option.
- Choose the number of bags you want to add.
- Finally, pay the Southwest excess baggage fees.
Southwest Special Services
At Southwest flights, passengers can add special services to their bookings. If you need medical assistance or wheelchair service, you can make a request through the Southwest Manage flight feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I manage my flight on Southwest Airlines?
You can manage your flight bookings on Southwest by visiting the official website or app and navigating to the “Manage reservation” option. Enter the necessary details to access the flight and manage your booking.
Can I change the name on Southwest flights?
No, you cannot change the name on Southwest flights. You can only make minor spelling corrections. The name should match your ID proof. Furthermore, Southwest allows name correction only once.
What are the facilities I can add through the Southwest manage reservation feature?
Through the Southwest manage reservation facility, travelers can modify or add:
- Excess baggage.
- Select seats.
- Rebook flight.
- Name and date change.
- Print boarding pass.
Does Southwest charges for modifying your travel plans?
Southwest Airlines charges a nominal fee for modifying and customizing your flight travel.
The fee depends on the route and services the passengers request.