Air France manage booking is an exclusive feature of Air France that allows customers to modify their travel plans on the go. If you are not aware of this feature, then it is nothing to worry about, as we will tell you in detail about it. There can be many circumstances in which a traveler has to change their travel plans. In that conditions, Air France’s manage booking tool feature is really a savior.
Any passenger who has made Air France reservations directly through the official platforms of the airline can make the changes. They can edit their travel itinerary and also add new to their journey by paying applicable charges.
What a Traveler Can Modify By Air France Manage Booking Feature?
Air France keeps the satisfaction of the passengers its priority. With Air France Manage Booking, they can make the following changes to their flights.
- Flight Date.
- Flight Status.
- Passengers Details.
- On-Board Service.
- Flight Itinerary.
- Flight Time.
- Advance Check-In.
- Travel Class.
- Additional Services.
Now the question arises of how the following feature works. It is an easy and quick tool, and we will tell you how to make the amendments.
Accessing Air France Manage My Booking
Accessing Air France manage booking tool is easy. Follow these steps.
- Firstly, visit the official website of Air France.
- Log in to your account.
- After that, go to the “My Bookings” section.
- Enter the “booking reference number” and the “last name.”
- All the details of the ticket will appear on the screen.
- Choose the “Next” option.
- All the travel change options will appear on the screen.
Flight Date Change
After entering the details of the ticket, passengers can modify the date of the travel. However, passengers have to confirm whether their ticket is eligible for changes or not.
- Select the “Edit travel date” option.
- Enter the new date of departure.
- Choose the new flight.
- After that, pay extra fares, if applicable.
Minor Name Changes
Passengers can also modify their names through Air France’s mange booking tool. Click on the “edit name” option to make changes to the name. However, there are some restrictions while making amendments to the name.
- Passengers can make corrections in their first or second, or third names.
- They can add or remove middle names.
- Only three letters can be added or removed in the process.
- In case of marriage or divorce, passengers have to provide legal proof.
Passengers cannot modify gender on Air France bookings.
Canceling an Air France booking is as easy as making reservations on it. Air France Manage booking feature allows passengers to cancel the booking. It is best practice to understand the refund policy of the tickets before choosing the cancelation.
After entering the booking reference number and last name, passengers will have all their flight information on the screen. Select the “cancel flight” option and confirm to process the request.
Checking Flight Status
Another use of the My Booking feature is to track the status of the flight. Passengers, after accessing their booking details, can check the flight status up to 365 days in the future.
Select the flight status option. Next, enter the flight number and travel date to fetch the schedule.
Manage Baggage on Air France
In the queue of managing flight itineraries, another thing a passenger can adjust is the baggage.
- Choose the “Baggage” option after accessing flight details.
- Add extra baggage.
- After that, pay the applicable charges.
Passengers traveling on Air France business class or Air France La Premiere enjoy the perks of extra baggage. However, if the traveler is willing to add an extra piece of baggage, they must comply with the Air France baggage policy for doing so.
Air France Check-In
Through the official website of Air France, passengers can also check in for their flight. All they have to do is to visit the Air France My Booking section. As per Air France’s check-in policy, passengers can check in at any time from 30 hours before departure.
My booking feature also allows travelers to choose their seats after booking their flight. In general, Air France assigns a random seat to passengers if they don’t opt for a seat while booking. If passengers have not selected a seat, they can do it later by using Air France manage my booking feature.
However, if passengers are upgrading their Air France tickets, then they will be charged an extra fare.
Terms and Conditions for Managing Air France Bookings
There are certain guidelines that make the passengers eligible to modify their bookings.
- Firstly, no third-party bookings are eligible for making changes to the bookings. A passenger must carry a valid ticket obtained from the valid Air France booking platform.
- Passengers can modify their bookings free of cost in the risk-free period. There won’t be any charges for amendments in the first 24 hours of booking. After that, there will be charges as per the requirements.
- Passengers should confirm the eligibility of the ticket class before making any changes.
- Changes in baggage, seat, cancelation, or any other changes should be in compliance with the respective policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my Air France flight?
The Air France flight tickets can be changed via My Bookings on the Air France website or app. However, travelers should check the eligibility criteria before making changes.
Is there a fee for changing flights with Air France?
The fee for changing a flight varies as the departure date comes closer. But if the passenger changes their flight within 24 hours of booking, there won’t be any charges.
Can I alter the date of my flight more than once?
Passengers flying on Air France can modify the flight date twice. They have to pay applicable charges each time to change the departure date.
Can I make changes to Air France tickets bought from an agent?
According to Air France’s policy on changing flights, the airline will not consider canceling or altering a reservation if it is not booked through official airline platforms.