It is no surprise that JetBlue Airlines provide flexible policies to their passengers to match the level of satisfaction and stay in the competition. One such set pool of rules is regarding the flight change. JetBlue change flight policy allows travelers to make hassle-free amendments to their schedules. If you are the one looking to reschedule your JetBlue flight, then this blog is surely for you.
What is the JetBlue Change Flight Policy?
Here are a few necessary points to which a traveler must adhere to get the maximum benefit of changing flights on JetBlue.
- Firstly, on modifying your flight’s departure or destination, you only have to pay the price difference if your new ticket is more expensive.
- On the other hand, your JetBlue account will receive the difference if your new ticket is less expensive.
- You can make a ticket change via Jetblue Manage Flight Tab online or by calling JetBlue at +1-800-JETBLUE.
- You can apply for a JetBlue Travel Bank Credit if you have a non-refundable ticket but are still determining whether to reschedule your flight.
- If you make a change at least one day before your departure, there won’t be a change fee for Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint tickets.
- Passengers are not eligible for flight change if they have used a JetBlue gift card or travel voucher to pay for their ticket.
- Moreover, in case of a special assistance request or booking through a third party, a change flight facility is not available.
- Also, if the city of your return flight is different from the one of your outbound trip, you cannot change your JetBlue flight.
What is JetBlue Same Day Flight Change Policy
Another perk of flying on JetBlue is that it allows same-day flight changes. It is also valid for codeshare flights.
- JetBlue same-day switch flight is available for all fares.
- TrueBlue points bookings are also eligible for a same-day switch.
- There won’t be extra charges for refundable tickets.
- However, your arrival and departure cities must be the same.
- Mosaic members are exempt from same-day flight change fees.
How to Rebook or Change a JetBlue Flight?
You can change a JetBlue flight either online or offline. Both approaches are practical and incredibly simple to use.
JetBlue Change Flight – Online
It is the easiest way to change the JetBlue flight date from the comfort of your home. Here are the quick steps that you should follow.
- Firstly, visit the official website of JetBlue Airlines.
- Choose the “My Trips” option in the right corner.
- Enter the booking reference number.
- Also, enter the passenger’s last name.
- You can access the flight bookings.
- Choose the flight you want to amend.
- After accessing the flight, proceed with the “change flight” option.
- If your ticket is eligible for the service, you will proceed to the next page.
- Choose the new flight date.
- Select the seats.
- Confirm your booking by paying for any fare differences and additional charges.
- You will receive a confirmation by mail.
Reschedule JetBlue Flight By Phone
Another way to reschedule your JetBlue flight is by calling the airline and getting in touch with the airline representative. It is a convenient offline method for passengers who wish to modify their airline reservations. You can call on +1 800-538-2583. Get in touch with the travel agency if you bought your ticket from them. Also, you can amend your flight through a kiosk machine at the airport.
What is the JetBlue Change Flight Fees?
- Since June 8, 2021, free fare changes are not permitted for Blue Basic tickets.
- For itineraries within the United States, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America, the change fee for Blue Basic prices is USD 100 per person.
- However, if modifications are made 60 days before the intended departure date, there will be a $75 change fee.
- Also, if your ticket cost is $100, there will be an extra charge of $75 for changing the flight date, irrespective of fare type.
- For ticket prices ranging between $100 to $149, there will be $100 additional charges.
- In case your flight ticket cost is $150 or more, you have to pay $150 JetBlue flight change fees.
- For Blue, Blue Plus, and Mint fares, the same-day change cost is USD 75.
- Blue Extra fares don’t charge a fee for same-day changes.
- TrueBlue Mosaic members don’t have to pay any change fees.
How to Avoid JetBlue Change Fees?
Here are some ways that can help you to minimize the rescheduling fees.
JetBlue allows free cancelations and changes within 24 hours of flight booking. Even if it is a refundable ticket or non-refundable, all fares are eligible for it. The US Department of Transportation has a regulation that says you can amend or cancel your flight reservation free of charge within 24 hours of booking as long as you do so at least seven days before your scheduled departure.
You must purchase a refundable fare if you are unsure of your departure date or time. However, it will cost more than non-refundable fares. But the change fees will be less.
Same-Day Flight Switch
If you want to change your departure time, wait until the scheduled flight date to make the change to your reservation since it charges only $75 for change which is comparatively low than other fees structure.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reschedule a Jetblue flight?
JetBlue has a number of alternatives for changing departure dates. These choices include both offline and online alternatives. You can choose to use the official portal, call the airlines, or use the kiosk machine to change your flight.
How can I change JetBlue Flight without any extra charges?
Within twenty-four hours of the booking, you must make the necessary adjustments to your flight. In that case, there won’t be any extra cost for a flight change. However, you have to pay the fine after the 24-hour window.
Is JetBlue’s same-day flight change available for all flights?
Yes, a same-day flight switch is available for all JetBlue tickets. However, your departing and arriving cities should be the same.
What is the necessary information required for flight change via phone call?
The following are the necessary details.
- Flight confirmation number.
- Also, flight number.
- Departure time.
- Passenger’s information.