Air travel across the globe is disrupted by continuously changing limitations, travel bans, and new virus variants. It causes airlines all over the world to suitably adapt to meet the needs of their passengers in keeping with the present travel scenario. Qatar Airways is also one of them. Due to the rapid rise in cancellation demands, Qatar Airways cancellation policy provides flexible options to its passengers for cancelling their flights. In the following, travelers will get to know every minute detail of the Qatar Airways cancellation policy.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy: Risk-Free Period
Qatar Airways offers its passengers to cancel their reservations with airlines within 24 hours of flight bookings. According to Qatar 24 hour cancelation policy, no extra charges will be applied. The passengers will be eligible for a full refund upon cancellation within the risk-free period. Further, the policy is eligible for both refundable and non-refundable bookings. However, there are specific terms that travelers should abide by to take advantage of Qatar Airways’ 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Firstly, the requirements above will only be taken into account if the departure date is 7 days or more before the cancellation date. Only then will travelers be eligible for a full refund.
- Travelers must have booked flight tickets through Qatar Airways booking platforms. Thus, the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to tickets booked through third-party agents.
- Award tickets are not eligible for risk-free period cancellation, and extra charges will be incurred upon cancellation.
- Moreover, the group bookings do not get the benefit of the following regulations of Qatar Airways cancellation policy.
What are the Qatar Airways Flight Cancellation Charges?
The Qatar Airways cancellation cost will vary depending on whether the passenger has bought a refundable or non-refundable ticket. However, passengers will receive a refund for the unused portion of their fare. The cancellation cost normally ranges from $90 to $200 and is dependent on your fare type and travel class. In case the passenger cancels their reservation from the airline ticket counter, an additional fee of $25 will incur.
- Under the Qatar Airways cancellation policy, if travelers cancel their bookings after the scheduled departure, they have to pay a no-show fee and cancellation charges.
- Importantly, passengers with international airline tickets are liable to pay both cancellation and no-show fees.
- For domestic destinations, just the cancellation fee will be charged.
- Thus, in order to receive a refund, passengers must pay a cancellation fee that varies depending on the routes, booking date, and other factors.
|Fare||Cancellation Charges||No-show Charges||Total Fee|
Cancellation Policy for Award Tickets
Passengers who opt to cancel their Award ticket will have to pay additional charges. However, the associated fees will entirely depend upon the cancellation time before departure and membership level. The following fees are due from passengers upon cancellation, as shown in the table below.
|More than 24 hours before departure||$25||$25||Self: Free|
|Between 3 hours to 24 hours before departure||$100||$100||Self: Free|
However, if the passengers choose to cancel their award tickets less than 3 hours before departure, then only government taxes and airport taxes will be refunded. Moreover, the passengers will lose all Avios points.
Qatar Airways Flight Cancellation Process
Qatar Airways flight cancellation policy has become more flexible and useful due to the easy cancellation process. Travelers have the following modes to cancel their bookings.
- Online Cancellation
- Airport Counter
- Over a Call
Online Cancellation Process
- Firstly, visit the official website of Qatar Airways.
- After that, either log in or sign up.
- To manage your booking, choose the “My Trip” option and then add your ticket credentials.
- Click the “change or cancel trip” option after retrieving the booking details.
- Choose the flight or passenger segment that you want to cancel.
- Also, review Qatar Airways’ cancellation policy once before confirming.
- After that, select “Confirm my cancellation.”
- A confirmation email detailing the cancellation will be sent to the passenger.
Over a Call
- Call the airline representative.
- Raise the query of flight cancellation.
- The representative will ask for ticket information to process the request.
- After that, the representative may ask for any cancellation fee. Passengers must pay the cancellation charges to finalize the process.
- In the end, a mail will be sent to the traveler upon cancelation confirmation.
Cancellation at Airport Counter
Another option to cancel the Qatar Airways flight is to go directly to the Qatar ticket counter. The following mode of cancelation is better than dialing the phone. Passengers can easily discuss the flight cancelation policy and approve the same. Also, the refund will be transferred directly to the original method of payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Qatar Airlines provide free flight cancellations?
Yes, passengers can cancel their tickets for free on Qatar Airways flights. However, you will only be eligible for the free cancellation if you do so within the 24-hour period of booking.
How far in advance can you cancel a flight with Qatar?
Passengers can cancel their ticket 3 hours before departure with additional charges. But if the passenger chooses to cancel within 3 hours, then they will have to pay the full ticket amount and will receive only airport and government taxes as a refund.
What is Qatar Airways cancellation policy for Covid-19?
As per the Qatar Airways Covid-19 policy, all tickets purchased before 30 June 2021 for travel until 31 May 2022, Qatar Airways is providing unlimited date changes and fee-free refunds. When making travel reservations through qatarairways.com, they are also giving travelers the choice of exchanging their tickets for a travel voucher.
Is it possible to request a cancellation on the day of departure?
Qatar Airways allows you to cancel your reservation also on the day of departure. However, there will be extra charges. The ticket class and route determine the cancellation fee amount.