Modify Your Booking
Need Help with Flight bookings & Related Queries?
Etihad Airways Flights fly now flaunt later!
Etihad Airways are one of the second largest airlines in UAE. The Etihad name came from an Arabic word called Union. It started operating in 2003. The airline operates around 1000 flights weekly, including passengers and cargo to the middle east, Europe, India, Australia, and North America. The CEO of Etihad Airways is Tony Douglas, and the chairman is Mohamed Mubarak Al Mazrouei. They offer many cabin classes for their passengers. Hence in 2014 new cabin class was launched, which includes the residence with a suite accommodating two passengers. This is the only airline to provide a nanny on the flight. With extended flights, passengers with small kids get difficulty, so for the parents’ convenience, the airline offers a flying nanny for their infants.
|Headquarters||Hub Airports||Fleet Size||No. of Destinations||Customer Service Number|
|Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, UAE||Abu Dhabi International Airport||81||74||+971-600-555-666|
Popular Destinations Where Etihad Airways Operate
2. Los Angeles
3. New York City
4. Washington D.C.
Types Of Cabin Classes
The airlines have 2 types of business class, fully flat beds depending on the aircraft and distance. The A380 and 787 have business studios’ seat that converts into 22-inch wide, fully flat beds. Hence, offering a room for a comfortable sleep. It also offers drinks and meals with in-flight entertainment and an amenity kit.
How To Upgrade First-Class
Suppose you have booked a seat in another class and want to change it. There are following procedures to be followed.
- Upgrade with miles– regular passengers get miles that can be used for upgrading the seat. The flyer must pay the remaining amount if the points are not much.
- Bid for an upgrade– the seat will be upgraded if the passenger wins the bid amount.
- Ask for an upgrade– you can contact customer service for the upgrades.
Reservation On Etihad Airways
- Visit the official website of Etihad airlines, i.e., etiahd.com
- On the page, you will see the plan and book.
- In this menu, go to book flights.
- In this option, provide all your required information.
- Mention the destinations or your stopovers and layover. Then select the one-way or round-trip option.
- Later, select the date, time, and class type according to your needs.
- Select the age bracket of all the passengers.
- Enter if you have any promo code, then click on search flights. Hence, follow the further instructions for booking the tickets.
There are two options for check-in.
To avoid long queues at the airport, you can check in online. You must enter some information, choose your seats, and print the boarding pass.
You need to reach the airport a few hours before and show your bag to the representative, who will check the weight and size of the bags for confirmation and will give you the boarding pass.
Flight Change Policy
- If the passengers change the booking within 24 hours, they do not have to pay any amount.
- When a passenger changes before 3 hours of departure, he has to pay the fee.
- Due to some reason like traffic or health issues, the passenger does not have to pay the change fee
- If the flight is booked for multi-city travel, you can change the flight without any extra fee.
- If a travel agent has booked your tickets, contact them directly for any changes.
The amount for change in flight fee is according to the fare type and booking mode. It starts at USD 20 to USD 50.
Etihad Airways Manage Booking
Etihad Airways Flight Change Policy
Sometimes, plans may shift due to unavoidable circumstances. Etihad Airways allows customers to modify their Etihad Booking. According to their policy, any changes should be made 24 hours before the flight departure.
Following are the few changes Etihad Airways allows to its travelers:
Etihad Airways Name Change
- The airlines allow name changes if there is a spelling mistake.
- Or if the name does not match the official ID.
- These errors can be corrected just once.
- Etihad charges $100 in case of a middle name or surname change.
Etihad Airways Date Change
Etihad allows passengers to change dates on flights, although the airline charges a fee of $150 to $200 for the same. In case passengers change the dates within 24 hours, they don’t have to pay any fees.
Etihad Airways Destination Change
- Enter the booking information at the official Etihad Airways website.
- Choose “manage my booking” and provide the necessary details.
- Passengers then have the option to alter their destination and pay the difference.
Etihad Airways Cancelation Policy
- As per Etihad Airways, you can cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking. No extra fee will be deducted.
- If the ticket cancelation is done within 96 hours before the departure, the passenger has to pay an extra charge of 10% on the cancelation fee.
- Due to a passenger’s death or the death of an immediate relative, the cancelation charge will be renounced when the documents are submitted.
- Cancelation will be done when you press the cancel button, and payment will process to the same account.
Etihad Airways Refund Policy
- If you want to apply for a refund, the request will be processed through the guest service center of Etihad.
- A passenger will have to pay an extra 10% on the cancelation of seats.
- Credit card refunds might take 14 to 30 days
Etihad Airways compensates its passengers if the flight gets delayed or canceled in certain situations. For any canceled flight, Etihad tries to provide other flights at a given time only. Then no compensation will be provided. If there is no cancelation information within 14 days of departure, the airlines will have to compensate up to $700 per pers, per European law.
For delay in the flight
Etihad does not compensate for the flight delay because of natural calamities like bad weather or an air traffic control strike, as the airline does not control these happenings. Yet, if the delay is because of their service issues or something they can handle, they will compensate for it.
|flights under 1500 km||Up to Euro 250|
|Flights between 1500-3500 km||Up to Euro 400|
Etihad Airways allows baggage as per their cabin class. For example, if you are traveling in an economy class, then bags with a weight of 7kgs is permitted.
Carry-on baggage- refers to the luggage the passenger will take along with them on a flight.
Checked baggage- the airline has rules according to your travel class. An economy class flyer they have a particular weight size of 32kgs. If it exceeds more, you have to pay for the extra luggage.
Etihad Flight Status
How to Check Etihad Airways Flight Status?
Passengers traveling on Etihad Airways can access the flight status through these steps.
- Go to the official website of Etihad Airways.
- Select the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Choose the ‘flight status’ option.
- Enter the date and flight number to know the flight status.
- Entering the details of origin and destination will also retrieve the flight status.
Etihad Airways Pet Policy
- Pets can be taken in the cargo cabin only.
- Make sure that your pet is physically and mentally fit. You need to carry all the required documents, like a medical certificate.
- Falcon birds are allowed in cargo baggage without paying any extra fee. The quantity depends on the cabin class where you booked your ticket.
- Only service or domestic animals are permitted, as some animals like pitbull, bulldogs, and rottweilers are not allowed by Etihad Airways.
- The pet’s carrier should be clean and big enough to move easily.
Special Assistance Provided By The Airways
Etihad Airways offers passengers all the services which they ask for. Like, if anyone wants to have a wheelchair for disabled persons or special meals for children. You need to raise a request at the time of booking.