Experience of traveling on Air France business class is unmatchable. But, with the new business cabins rolled out in September 2022, it is undeniable that Air France is evolving its flight experience. Air France has modified its seats with a plan of 3F’s.
- Full Privacy due to the introduction of a sliding door.
- Full direct access to the aisle.
- Seats that are convertible to 2 meters long flatbeds.
In the following blog, travelers can find the answers to the following:
- What are the various business cabin layouts in Air France carriers?
- How much is the baggage allowance in business class?
- What are the business class privileges?
Air France Business Class Seats Configuration
Business class seats are available on the Air France aircraft Boeing 777-300, Boeing 777-200, Boeing 787-9, Airbus A350, and Airbus A330.
The B777-300 has the widest range of business-class seating. These aircraft have lie-flat seats in a 1-2-1 arrangement. On the other hand, the flights to the Caribbean Sea and the Indian Ocean have 2-3-2 configurations in business class. Business Class seats on the 777-300ER are the modern lie-flat design in a staggered 1-2-1 configuration.
The Business Class seats on board the 777-200 all lie flat and are arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration. The number of seats allotted to the Business Class cabin is the only difference.
The B787-9 features standard lie-flat business class seats in a 1-2-1 layout, which are nearly equivalent to the lie-flat business class seats on most 777 aircraft.
Air France business class seats are in a 2-2-2 arrangement. These aircraft serve smaller towns in North America and West Africa.
The Air France long-haul fleet’s newest model, the A350, features a new business class cabin with a 1-2-1 layout. They are in staggering layouts, with one being close to the window and one close to the aisle.
Relaxing Features of Business Cabin Seats
- The seats of the Air France business class have a pitch of 28 inches.
- All intercontinental flights have convertible flatbed seats which have a dual aisle.
- These seats are convertible to 6.5 feet long upon reclination.
- Also, the modern seats are made of French leather with a full-grain texture.
- The seats now have a sliding door providing full privacy. Also, the center seats come with a divider that separates the two seats in the center of the cabin and can be raised and lowered.
- 17.3′′ 4K high-definition anti-glare displays are also included in the seats for entertainment.
- Additionally, travelers will appreciate a noise-canceling headset and a new Bluetooth connection that enables them to use their own headphones.
- There are numerous charging possibilities on the new seat. There is a USB-A, USB-C, and a 110-volt outlet.
- Air France is also providing a wireless charging option to passengers in its business cabins.
- Seats have a control panel that helps the traveler easily manage seat functionality. There are four reclining functions on the control panel.
Baggage Allowance On Business Class Tickets
Air France is strict with baggage allowance policy for any class of tickets.
- Travelers having Air France business class tickets can carry only two checked bags totaling 70.5 pounds each.
- However, if the traveler is Flying Blue’s top elite status holder or carries SkyTeam Elite and SkyTeam Elite Plus status, then they are eligible to check the third bag with a similar weight restriction without any extra cost.
- For carry-on bags, the size limit is 21.7 x 13.8 x 9.9 inches (including wheels and handles). Passengers can bring one carry-on and one personal item to the cabin.
- Passengers traveling in business class are restricted to a combined weight of 40 pounds for both pieces of baggage.
To know more about the baggage and flight change policy for business class bookings, visit the official website of Air France.
Privileges of Air France Business Class Tickets
Flying in Air France business class cabins provide a wonderful experience from the airport to the airplane. The passengers can enjoy the lounges, curated amenity kit, and early check-in.
The airline operates a network of lounges in several locations across the world, including Frankfurt, Bangkok, New York, Houston, JFK, and Washington Dulles.
Air France business class passengers, regardless of their SkyTeam status, can access the lounge facility. Passengers who have SkyTeam Elite Plus status on any SkyTeam airline and traveling in any cabin may enter the lounge on international flights.
In the lounge support desk is available around the clock. Free Wi-Fi is available, and passengers can also enjoy the spa facility. There are plenty of periodicals and newspapers accessible, and there are refrigerators stocked with soft drinks, juices, Perrier, and Evian water. Moreover, the bakery and cheese option is available all the time.
Air France’s business class perks include the SkyPriority concept. Business Class customers who did not pre-board with their group number can use the SkyPriority lanes at the departure gate to board whenever they like.
Also, Air France consistently permits Business Class customers to deplane first upon arrival. Moreover, priority tags are placed on checked bags to signal quick delivery to the baggage claim.
In-flight Amenity Kits
At each seat, slippers, a thick pillow, a shoe bag, and a duvet blanket are available upon boarding. The amenity package to business class passengers contains socks, an eye mask, and a toothbrush. In the restrooms, travelers will also discover Clarin’s skincare items.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Air France’s business class offer lounge access?
Yes, if you have Flying Blue Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, or higher status, you can access it while flying in economy. The lounge is open to travelers flying business class on Air France or a SkyTeam partner and possessing a same-day boarding pass.
Do the business class seats on Air France lie flat?
Keeping its plan of Full Flat, Full Access, and Full Privacy priority, Air France offers reclinable seats which are convertible in a flatbed.
Do new business class seats have doors?
Yes, the new seats in Air France business cabins have sliding doors. It provides more privacy to the passengers. For central seats, there is a divider with a shutting-down option.
Can business class passengers have a priority check-in option?
Passengers with business class tickets have the privilege of using SkyPriority lanes for early check-in.