Every airline demands passengers to check in before the flight departure for a smooth onboarding. Spirit Airlines also requests the same from its flyers. Spirit Airlines Check In choices are only there to make sure that travelers are happy. Both offline and online check-in options are available for the flyers. The airlines have a variety of check-in alternatives, including airport check-in, voice check-in, kiosk check-in, web check-in, and mobile app check-in. Let’s talk further about the choices that were mentioned.
Methods For Spirit Airlines Check In
There are 4 ways passengers can check in through spirit airlines. Online, through a mobile app, Kiosk, and the spirit airlines ticket counter. Here we have listed the details of how flyers can use these services for their benefit:
Spirit Airlines Online Check In
When it comes to online check-in for Spirit Airlines, the web check-in option is the most popular. Web check-in opens up 24 hours before departure and continues up to one hour before takeoff. During the procedure, passengers must check in, choose their seats, and check their bags. The samples must really be submitted in their (already checked) baggage once the online check-in is complete, saving the time and energy of standing in long lines. Keep in mind that there are rules and cost schedules for luggage check-in that must be reviewed in advance.
With Spirit.com check-in, travelers may finish their flight check-in up to 24 hours before the departure time. Requests for checked bags under Spirit Airlines check in must be made concurrently with flight check-in. The traveler must add bags to their ticket after completing the online check-in and selecting their seat. By doing so, they need to pay the baggage fee for Spirit Airlines reservations.
Process for Spirit Airlines Online Check In
- Visit the official website of spirit airlines.
- Enter the last name of the passenger and the six-digit confirmation code. Then proceed by clicking on the check in tab.
- Then flyers can select their seats and then click on OK to proceed further.
- Here travelers will have to declare their health status.
- Then passengers will see a notice where restricted items are mentioned, check the box, and proceed further.
- Add your baggage and pay the baggage fee to finish the online check-in process.
- Make sure to download and print the boarding pass.
Check In Through Spirit Airline Mobile App
Through the comfort of their cellphones, travellers may complete the Spirit online check-in process using the Spirit Airlines mobile app. In order to obtain their mobile boarding card on their mobile device, passengers must complete Spirit Airlines mobile check-in beginning 24 hours and 60 minutes before the planned departure. If any of the following conditions are met:
- Passengers have an e-ticket
- Flyers can access the mobile check-in through the e-ticket number SpiritClub mileage member number or 6-digit reference code.
- Flyers who have opted for any special assistance are not eligible for mobile check-in.
- Departing from a location where Spirit Airlines offers mobile check-in with a boarding pass
Kiosk Or Self Check In
The self-service kiosks present at every US airport are an additional convenient means of checking in for the Spirit Airlines reservation. If a traveler is uncomfortable checking in online with Spirit Airlines or encountering any online limitations, they can check in at the airport using the kiosk machine up to four hours and sixty minutes before the departure time.
Process for Kiosk Check In
To complete the check-in process, passengers may require a government-issued picture ID, the airline’s six-digit confirmation code, their flight number, or their e-ticket number. Everything passengers must do is –
- Go to the spirit airlines kiosk and check in at the airport
- Provide the booking details, such as PNR number confirmation number, etc
- Declare the health condition to the agent while choosing a seat, and the agent will update the flight record system.
- After the procedure is complete, the executive will issue a boarding pass. Here passengers can proceed further for baggage check-in and complete the overall boarding process.
Spirit Airlines Check In at Airport Counter
Another method to complete your check-in is by visiting the airport counter. If you are unable to check in through other methods, then it is the last resort. The executive at the airport counter will process your check-in request once you have shared the flight details. They will hand over the boarding pass after the completion of the process.
Check In Time For Spirit Airlines
For domestic flights, passengers must be at the airport no later than two hours prior to takeoff, and for international flights, no later than three hours prior to takeoff. For domestic flights, passengers must pick up a boarding card at least 45 minutes before takeoff, and for international flights, 60 minutes before takeoff.
Time For Online Check In
Up to 24 hours and 60 minutes before the scheduled departure, travelers can check in online.
Spirit Airlines Mobile Check In Time
Through the smartphone app, passengers can check in online up to 24 hours and 60 minutes before the departure time.
Kiosk Check In Time
The check-in time for passengers at the kiosk starts 24 hours to 60 minutes before the flight departure.
Spirit Ticket Counter Check-In Time
Bringing only carry-on luggage requires a minimum check-in time
- For domestic Spirit flights, one hour prior to departure
- Spirit international flight departure times begin two hours prior to the scheduled time.
Check-in time for checked baggage
- For domestic Spirit flights, the departure time is 45 minutes in advance.
- 90 minutes before the time of planned departure for international Spirit flights
Frequently Asked Questions About Spirit Airlines Check In
How early do you have to check in for Spirit Airlines?
According to Spirit Airlines policy, passengers should report at least 2 hours before a domestic flight and 3 hours before an international flight departure.
Why can’t I check-in online with spirit?
Flyers traveling with pets or unaccompanied minors or passengers traveling in groups of 10 or more 10 and people opting for special assistance are not allowed to check in online. They are required to visit the airport for check-in.
Is it better to check in online or at the airport?
Why we say it’s beneficial to check in online is that flyers don’t have to wait in long queues to get the check-in complete. Why not take advantage of the facility provided by the airline for online check-in. Flyers can just skip the check-in at the airport and head to baggage check-in directly to save time.
Do you go straight to security if you check-in online?
The time that you check in may change depending on where you are going. Do you just have carry-on luggage? If so, you might be able to check in online for free and print your boarding card, which would eliminate the need for you to do anything at the airport other than go through security.