Look What You Need to Know About Air France Flight Tickets
Modify Your Booking
Fly In Elegance With Air France
Air France is a proud French-flagged airline service. The company is a subsidiary of the oldest functioning airline, i.e, the KLM group. Air France is headquartered in Roissy Charles de Gaulle, north of Paris. It operates on both long 7 short-haul routes. The Airline has a mixed fleet of Airbuses, such as the A320 range of aircraft along with Boeing widebody jets. Air France has a daily flight count of over 1500 flights. The company is known for its remarkable flight experience, and they keep excelling with time. Air France serves over 93 countries with a total tally of more than 36 domestic destinations and around 93 international destinations.
Need Help with Flight bookings & Related Queries?
Air France Overview
|Headquarters||Hub Airports||Fleet Size||No. of Destinations||Customer Service Number|
|Tremblay-en-France||Paris Charles de Gaulle, Orly||212+||211+||+1 800 419 2033|
Cabin Classes Benefits For Air France
Air France La Premiere
- La Premiere is a first-class service by Air France, which is available on select Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
- The airline begins by sending a driver to your home or hotel to transport you to the airport in comfort. A concierge will handle your luggage & check you in for your flight.
- You will be escorted through security & driven to the plane in a limousine.
- La Premiere suites are the epitome of luxury, with fine dining before transforming your seat into a six-and-a-half-foot long bed.
Air France Business Class
- The Business class seats on Airbus A330 is in a 2-2-2 configuration and are fully convertible to a bed. On the other hand, Boeing 777 is in a 2-3-2 configuration.
- The business class seats have a large mobile section as well as a side shelf that is incorporated into the seat.
- There is plenty of storage space for personal items as well as electrical outlets for charging all of your mobile devices.
- A 16-inch HD touch screen with 1,000 plus hours of on-demand programming is available for entertainment.
Air France Economy Class
- It is available in three segments, Light, Standard, and Flex.
- Economy class has 206 seats that are 17 inches wide and 32 inches long.
- The seats are available on Europe, Northern Africa, the Caribbean, and Intercontinental flights.
- Passengers have access to an HD touch screen that can be programmed in 12 languages, as well as a charging port for a phone, tablet, or laptop.
Air France Premium Economy
- Consists of 28 recliner seats arranged in a 2-4-2 pattern.
- The seats are more cushioned and have wider leather armrests.
- When compared to economy class, the seat is 2 inches wider and has six inches more legroom.
- You get a high-definition 13.3-inch screen and a plethora of programming options.
How to Upgrade Your Booking In Air France?
- The seat upgradation is available for a fee and is only offered to passengers traveling in the Economy, Business Cabins, or Premium Economy.
- The privilege is only available on certain Air France long- and medium-haul flights.
- Air France sends the passengers an email with an upgrade offer.
- Beginning 48 hours and up to three hours prior long-haul flight, travelers can locate and select their cabin class.
- After purchasing the option, passengers gets an e-mail verifying the upgrade purchase.
Air France Reservation Policies
The reservation can be made directly on the website or by calling customer service and informing them of your date as well as the destination so that they can book the preferred tickets for you.
Ways To Get Discounts On Reservation
Air France keeps on introducing limited period offers for various routes and destinations, and passengers can learn more about them on the official website > information > Our Rates and Offers.
For Business Travelers
Air France has a tie-up with BlueBiz that enables exciting offers and savings for various business travelers.
- Air France has special relaxed rates in the economic category for students aged between 18-29.
- However, they must be enrolled full-time in an educational institution and showcase their student ID at the time of booking.
The Flying Blue Program
- A unique miles benefit program by Air France-KLM that enables you to earn as well as spend mile points just by simply booking flights, hotel stay, cab rides, and much more.
- The best thing about this is that with an increment in mile points, you can level up in XP and unlock maximum benefits and offers.
Provides you perks such as extra leg room and last-minute updates.
Diverse and huge number of partners, so you never run out of options to earn and spend mile points.
Priority check-ups and hassle-free boarding every time.
How To Get The Flying Blue Program?
You can avail of the flying Blue Program by visiting the official website of France Air or through the official website of the Flying Blue Program.
Air France Manage Booking
Air France allows its passengers to make necessary edits to their travel plans. All changes and additional upgrades can be made by visiting the “My Bookings” section on the official website.
Air France Flight Change Policy
Air France allows passengers to make necessary changes in their flight itineraries at least 24 hours before departure. All necessary flight changes can be accessed through the ‘My Bookings’ feature on the official website of Air France.
Here are a few things you can change on your flight:
Air France Name Change
- A minimum of $20 will be charged on the name change and will vary according to the cabin class and travel routes.
- Maximum 3 letters can be changed on the last name.
- Corrections are allowed in first and middle names also.
- No changes in DOB are allowed.
Air France Date Change
- Passengers can reschedule their bookings on a new Air France flight.
- Visit the ‘Manage Booking’ section, and travelers can easily edit the date of travel.
- Fare differences are applicable.
- In case of third-party booking, travelers should contact the Air France executives.
Air France Destination Change
- Also, the passengers can modify the destination on their bookings.
- Passengers are only eligible to do so if they have booked the flight through the Manage Booking feature on the app, website, or at the ticket counter.
- Third-party-issued tickets are not eligible for any edits.
Cancelation Policy For Air France
Air France provides flexible booking cancellation options for its passengers. Travelers can either avail of the option to change or refund their bookings. Its cancellation policy is applicable to both refundable and non-refundable fares.
24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- There is no cancellation charge for the passengers who cancel their ticket within the initial 24 hours from the time of purchase or booking.
- No amount will be debited from the account of the passengers who cancel their tickets on the same day before midnight.
- Passengers who fail to do the cancellation before midnight will not be charged a cancellation fee as well and will be given a full refund.
Policies For Refundable Tickets
- International Tickets can be canceled till 4 hours before the departure time.
- On the other hand, domestic tickets within France can be canceled till 2 hours prior to the departure time.
- In case of a no-show, passengers can request for a refund with the addition of no-show charges along with the basic cancellation fee. However, they have to provide valid proof.
- Passengers can request ticket cancellation and receive a future credit voucher in return.
- The credit voucher is equal to the total booking value applicable on the unused portion minus the cancellation fee.
- A full ticket refund will be applicable in the event of death, sudden illness, or injury of the passenger or immediate family.
However, travelers have to keep certain criteria in mind:
- The scheduled date of departure of the cancellation ticket must be 7 days or more at the time of cancellation to avail of a full refund.
- No reservation is applicable under this policy which is booked by a travel credit voucher.
Refund & Compensation Policy Of Air France
- In case of voluntary ticket cancellation, a non-refundable airline penalty will be applicable.
- No cancellation fee is applicable if the cancellation request is made within the initial 24 hours of booking.
- It should be kept in mind that Air France Ticket Cancellation Fee varies on the basis of the medium chosen for cancellation.
|Time Limit||Online Cancellation (in USD)||Phone Cancellation (in USD)||AirportCancellation (in USD)|
|Outside 24 hours||200||250||200|
|Within 24 hours||Free||Free||Not Allowed|
Refund Guidelines For Booking Made Through Vouchers, Miles Program
- This policy does not apply to reservations booked with a travel credit voucher.
- Also, no refund is made for tickets booked through the miles program for Air France.
If the airlines cancel the flight less than two weeks before departure, then travelers can claim compensation. The compensation is available in two forms
- Non-refundable transportation credit voucher.
- Refundable credit voucher (cash).
Also, if the flight is delayed by more than 2 hours, then Air France will provide assistance to its passengers. It will offer meals, refreshments, and accommodation. Travelers can claim reimbursement if the flight is delayed by more than 3 hours.
Baggage Policy For Air France
- Baggage fee is only applicable if a passenger exceeds the weight limit of 23 kgs on the bag or if it exceeds the accepted size.
- Baggage size of passengers should comply with the listed size of baggage as per Air France i.e,55 x 35 x 25 cm/ 21.7 x 13.8 x 9.9 in (length+height+width).
- In group traveling, the maximum baggage limit should not exceed over 10.
- The maximum weight limit for baggage varies on the basis of the type of fare chosen.
- Club 2000 Skyteam elite members, seamen, and U.S ARMY are given special liberties on baggage.
- A passenger is allowed to carry one baggage along with a shoulder bag.
|1st Baggage (>23kg)||1st Baggage (23kg-32kg)||1st Baggage (32kg<)||2nd Baggage||Add-on bags after 2nd Baggage|
|Free||75 USD||300 USD||75 USD||Approx. 285 USD|
Seat Selection Policy For Air France
- Air France has a flexible free seat selection policy for all class segments.
- If you book a ticket in business class or la premiere, you will get access to lounge and spa facility.
- For Economy and premium class, passengers can select their preferred seat by checking online 30 hours before the departure of the flight.
- However, passengers can choose their seats by paying the applicable amount.
- The applicable amount depends on the distance of the travel and the preference asked.
Air France Flight Status
How to Check Air France Flight Status?
Air France provides flight status of 6 months old flights to one year in advance. Passengers can check the status of the flight by
Pet Policy For Air France
Depending on the breed and size of your pet, you can either bring them as a carry-on or have them transported via Air France cargo, which will provide them with more comfort than a carry-on.
Mandatory Regulations for Travelling With Pets in Air France:
- The animal must have all the required vaccines in order to be on board.
- Check with the embassy of your destination country for other relevant information that may be necessary.
- Animals such as cats and dogs traveling within the European Union must have a passport and should be identified by an electronic chip.
- Stay up-to-date on the rules and regulations, such as vaccines, quarantine, etc, of your origin and destination places if you are traveling outside the European Union.
Special Assistance Provided By Air France
Air France has created SAPHIR to handle all the travel needs of passengers who require special assistance. They can even book your ticket through Saphir to get the requirements upfront. It includes assistance for wheelchair passengers, unaccompanied minor, pregnant women, hearing and vision assistance.
For Wheelchair Assistance
Passengers can request for a wheelchair assistance. For travelers on wheelchair, Air France offers priority boarding. The airline will help you with boarding, luggage check-in and exiting the airport.
Unaccompanied Minor Travel
Air France offers “Kids Solo” service for unaccompanied minors from 4 to 11 years of age. It is available in Metropolitan France. For international flights the age group varies from 5 to 14.
Air France does not permit pregnant women to travel after 37 weeks of pregnancy and 7 days after the birth. However, Air France also suggest to seek medical advice before traveling.
Air France Important Contact Details
Customer service number
1800 419 2033
FAQs about Air France
How much alcohol is permissible to carry on board in Air France?
Alcohol transport is a subject of new safety regulations for liquids. You are advised to use transparent plastic bags not exceeding the alcohol quantity of over 1 liter. Also, no particular container should have over 100 ml of alcohol.
Under what conditions should I use medical authorization for the purpose of traveling with Air France?
Travel is not advisable for infants who are less than 7 years old. However, proper documentation required by the police, immigration, and customs services of the destination country is essential. You are liable to check their validity and undertake the time or delay it may take to obtain them.
What is the age criteria for unaccompanied minor facility on Air France?
Air France runs “Kids Solo” program. It allow unaccompanied minor between 4 to 11 age on domestic flights, whereas it allow 5 to 14 years age children on international flights.
What is the Air France carry-on baggage allowance?
Travelers can bring carry-on bags according to their cabin classes. In the Economy cabin, travelers can bring 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item. On the other hand, Premium Economy, Business, or La Premier ticket holders can bring one personal item and two hand bags.